Mack

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PGold, Feb 4, 2007.

1. PGold

PGold LawnSite Member
    from biloxi

I was curious what licenses I would have to obtain to drive this vehicle when it is unloaded. I only need to drive it on the road once from the pick-up location and it isn't being driven for my business. It is for personal use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

cdl to be legal and that is going to take time to get...........where are you?

3. PGold

PGold LawnSite Member
    from biloxi

I am from Biloxi, MS. I have to pick it up in St. Louis.

4. PGold

PGold LawnSite Member
    from biloxi

Just by looking at those pictures, what would you guess that truck is worth? It is a 1984 with 186,000 miles.

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

cdl with airbrake endorsement probably be cheaper and easier to get somebody to drive it for you but not nearly as much fun but it will be a rough ride for sure

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Personel use, dont tell me you are going to Wal-mart with it. I think ou will need cdl for it. It defenitly apperas to be a commercial vechicle.
    Mike

7. PGold

PGold LawnSite Member
    from biloxi

haha! I think it would make a wonderful grocery truck! I am using it to put some beams up on my house. When I am finished with it, I am going to put it on the side of the road and sell it. Do you have a clue what that would be worth?

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

in NJ you'd need a class B...

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless you're getting the truck nearly free you won't save any money just using it to set beams on your house. You need a class B CDL to drive it. If you are driving it from state to state, you will need a diesel fuel permit for each state you drive in. You'll get maybe 7-8 mpg max, so you'll have fuel costs too. If you've never driven a truck like this before, you can tear it up pretty good if you don't know what you're doing.

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

you need a class B with airbrake restriction lifted...if you've never driven a truck like that pay someone to drive it for you...those Macks are a bear to drive and if your hoping in it and driving from st. louis to mississippi you are in for one hell of a ride