Mad about stihl dealers!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jun 6, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have two stihl dealers in my area that I really don't like either because they are just a..holes or they are busy and can never get your stuff fixed in a timely manner. I kind of still like stihl and was thinking about getting some stihl stuff but the dealers are a total turn off! Should I just screw it and get shindaiwa and redmax? My main dealer where I get my mowers sells redmax shindaiwa kawasaki and echo. Shoud I just stick with those? Am I missing anything good with stihl blowers hedge trimmers and edgers?

2. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

stihl are some of the best, but in your case they are only as good as the service you get.

if you like your mower dealer, AND they are competant at servicing their handhelds. Switch. Just keep using Stihl and put them up for sale. As you sell a piece, buy a new one at your new dealer. They may even offer trade. I don't know.

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

EXACTLY !!!!!

If your Stihl dealer doesn't have time for you, end it there. Proudly walk into the owners office, tell him why you're in there, and leave. If possible, wave several "Ben Franklins" at him. :usflag:

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I will admit that I like Stihl products and perfer them over Echo and others. That being said, if my dealer was a jerk, then when it came time to but a new piece of equipment, you could bet the farm I wouldn't buy it from him. If that meant switching brands, then so be it. A good dealer can save your azz at times. No sense of giving your hard earned money to someone to won't support you when the chips are down.

5. S man

Yes that's what I think. Anyway I think shindaiwa and redmax are just as good or better. I'm going with shiny most likely because redmax have some minor issues. Anybody want to buy two stihl units???

6. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Does the Ace Hardware provide Stihl service in your area? They do here. Just another place to possibly go for service. Service is most important. Even the best equipment will have trouble at some point and you'll need a team to help you. Good Luck.

7. S man

There's one 20 miles away. I like to deal with dealers right in my area. Also I want to deal with one place and that's where I get my mowers.

8. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I thought you just bought a new blower and trimmer. What are you getting now?

9. S man

I'm just talking in general. Like down the road when I get more business and need employees and a lot of handheld stuff. I have my eye on shindaiwa.

10. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

You should try to do all your buying from one place anyway. Your mower dealer has 4 GREAT handheld product lines.