Mad About Tune-up Price/service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JJOHN22042, Mar 28, 2004.

?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Poll closed Apr 7, 2004.
  1. ASK THEM FOR MONEY BACK

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. HAVE THEM DO A REAL TUNE-UP

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. SAY NOTHING

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

:angry:

JUST GOT MY 48" SCAG BACK ON SATURDAY FROM THE SHOP FOR A TUNE-UP. WELL TODAY IS SUNDAY AND I NOTICED THAT THE SAME PLUGS AND AIR FILTER ARE IN THE MACHINE. I CHECK MY SLIP I GET CHARGED FOR A TUNE-UP. THEY REPLACED THE PULL ROPE AND SPRING AND CLEANED FRONT WHEEL AND REPLACED PRE-AIR CLEANER.

THE PRICE I JUST PAID WAS $410.95

NOW DO I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE PISSED ABOUT THIS SERVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

2. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Wow ! And no long lingering kiss either !

Is that a photo of your mechanic in your header ?

3. JJOHN22042

from MA

Its Lawnman when he's mad.

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

What in the heck did they do for that price, That is why people need to learn to do that kind of stuff themselves and make sure it is done the correct way. IF you payed that much you should of looked it over before you left the dealer, or had the dealer show you what all he did. It kindof of sounds like it is your fault also.

5. JJOHN22042

from MA

I came home Saturday and mower was in the yard. I was told on the slip I was charged for a Full tune-up which they charge $299.00. I would be ok with the charge if they did a Full tune-up I bought my mower from them and the first service they did was fine.
    But I'am so pissed at myself/them for this.

6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be mad. Keep your cool and ask for a refund, or request it done correctly. In the future do it yourself especially simple things. This stuff can turn into a real circus and an expensive circus at that.

7. JJOHN22042

from MA

Charlie I agree with you 100% about keeping cool. I just hate when you work so hard to make a buck. What happened to Honest Service

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Tell them that you will drop off the machine and once they change the oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, and plugs they will get their money or you are going to turn them in.

9. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Did they change the oils, see what other work they might have or not done.

But bottom line you got it in the back. If they didn't take care of it Id get a lawyer.

Jim

10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

What do they call a $299.00 fulll tune up, that seems extremely high.