1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mad at Google

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ticolawnllc, May 22, 2012.

1. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

For a time now I've had tons of calls coming in from out of my service area. I had no clue what was happening. I thought maybe my company and a similer name company were getting mix up.

Turns out my setting for my adwords was swiched to include my whole state insted of the 10mile radius of our office I had set up at the start. For 2 months this was going on. I call google to see if any one can help me and of no one there gave a $hit.

Well I fixt it and I hope I can start geting some calls for jobs in my area.

Just venting. :mad:
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

That's funny, I can't seem to stop Google from calling me.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This sucks, but it's also a lesson in really getting to know, and monitoring, AdWords data and your campaigns. Looking at the geographic reporting or search terms used, would have given you a quick heads up that something wasn't right. AdWords is definitely not a "set and forget".

- monitor the campaign a few times a day to see how you're doing
    - sift through the various geographic data points, which is the most important for a local business.
    - refine you search terms until you have it nailed
    - refine you campaign active times (custom scheduling) based on the good clicks you're getting, which will greatly help your daily budget spend.
  4. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

Sorry man. I don't have all day to watch baby google f $hit up when I'm working. We shouldn't have to.
    Posted via Mobile Device