Lawn Care Forum banner

Mad Mad Mad....Help Help

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  lawnman_scott 
#1 ·
Our Department of Transpertation just spent 1.6 million on landscaping 4 new over passes and 2 new roads. This was 3 months ago or longer. NO ONE has mowed and the new trees and shrubs have been taken over by weeds and grass. The spruce trees that were 5-6ft are only showing about 1ft above the top of the weeds and grass.

This really pisses me off: 1. No one has ever mowed it. 2. All those tax dollars are going down the tubes.

What in the world can a guy like me do????????????????

1. Contact the Kansas Sept of Trans and let them know that I would love to take care of the problem? It's only 3 miles from my home and I have to look at this overgrown **** every day.

2. Do nothing and just gripe about it?

#4 ·
If they are not charged with maintenance, the foreman is likely to know how the contracts are handled.

Just call him and describe like you have here. I'm sure he would love to see it mowed, too.

These contracts are usually large, for many many miles of highway. For you to handle that particular piece, you may need to take on 50 miles of highway. Good or bad, depending whether or not you are in that end of the business. (Large rugged tractors with hydraulic mowers on a boom, etc).

Ken

#5 ·
Get on down there and get busy. Too many people expect the government to do everything.

"It's not what your country can do for you,
It's what you can do for your country"

JFK

P.S. You're lucky they landscaped anything. That kind of money wasted around here on landscaping would surely cost someone their job. My state's idea of landscaping is throwing wildflower seeds in the median so they don't have to run a bush hog over the "grass" twice a year.

#6 ·
Praire, are you just trying to get some work out of the deal or are you actually pissed about the wasted tax dollars?

If you're mad about the wasted tax dollars, then I'd go to some township meetings and be heard. Call your local government.
Call the newspaper and see if they'll do some investigating into it. If not, write a letter with the details and submit it to them for publication.

Just some thoughts.

#7 ·
If your pissed cause they wasted your tax $$$. You can cal your local news show and make note of it. That seems to work around here. A couple of years ago the one of the local shows follwed some city workers. They caught them on tape playing basketball, sleeping, meeting other city workers for card games. They all was fired.

#9 ·
I hear where you are coming from, around here (st pete / Tampa Florida) we have what aare called "superbowl paalms" They are pallm trees planted right before a superbowl game in tampa to make it look real pretty and tropical. But afterwards nothing is done with them. Call a radio station, you should know of one that may do something. One did that around here, and was organizing lawn services to mow some medians that had not been done it a couple months, and the day before they weere to mow it the city finally came out and get it done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.