Made a Corsair application on Fescue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spray guy, May 24, 2005.

1. spray guy

spray guy LawnSite Member

I have a 35000 sq ft Bermuda lawn with approximatly 15-20 percent of it loaded with tall fescue in it. Any body out there that has used it get decent results. I used one ounce of product and sprayed approximatly 8-9k worth of Fescue.

2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

For fescue, I tell the customers that it will die in the summer heat if it's in full sun, especially if they allow the bermuda lawn to go drought for a week or so. I also explain that if it survives the summer, we will knock it out in the winter with our winter app, which is atrazine.

From what I've seen, atrazine if a applied heavily in the fescue spots, will kill it within a few weeks. Very good stuff.

I tried Corsaire last year December and it was a complete waste of money. One customer, who had overseeded the year before but not this winter had fescue all over the lawn. So I bought a bottle of corsaire and sprayed the entire lawn twice. She ran out of patience and fired me 8 weeks later when nothing happened. I have heard that Corsaire works ok in warmer temperatures. Please post your summer results with Corsaire here...I'd like to see if it works or not.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

3. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Usually I wait until the Fescue is stressed from intense heat or when bermuda is dormant, before I make an application.. When stressed, I make a corsair application... When the bermuda is completely dormant, I use a roundup or simular glyphosate product..

When conditions favor Fecue Corsair control isn't all that great.. When fescue is stressed, it's wonderful.

4. spray guy

spray guy LawnSite Member

product called TFC-(Tall fescue control) is the same material that Corsair is. I remember useing TFC back in the mid 90s with good results. It makes sense that as the temps keep getting warmer that the corsaire will give you better results. I will post over the next two weeks what the results were.

5. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

Read the label. Corsair states that it is a slow working product and works best with 2 applications made 2 months apart.

6. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone try Revolver, or know if it works any better? I think they are....

chlorsulfuron (Corsair)
    foramsulfuron (Revolver)