Made a customer cry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by griffin16, Jul 15, 2003.

1. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

She just bought a new Lexus, and left for the day. Leaving the car in the driveway. I mowed her lawn,Trimmed, and blew the walks and driveway like I do every week. She calls me at home at 8:30 PM that night and is choking back tears. When I mowed, I hit a few dry patches in her lawn ( like I do on every lawn ) Causing the big dust cloud. I guess one of the clouds got her car dirty. She wants me to drop everything, come over, and "use my little blower to clean her car"

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

2. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

id laugh my butt off....then id go blow her car off.

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go over and clean her car. After finishing, would let her know what time I would be there next week. Please have her car in the garage or else where so I do not get her car dirty.

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Tell her to hose all the dust off. Btw, I always blow all cars off when walking by the them.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Me too!

Even my truck gets a blow job after every lawn!

Did I just say that? :eek:

6. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

Apologize profusely and then give her a coupon for a free car wash. And politely ask her to park it somwhere else next time.

Work on your CSA, man

7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Make her happy, and gain loyalty....

Then ask her politely to leave the car in the garage next week.....

8. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

As stated in previuos post, it would had been prudent to have blown her car off.

You should apologize and tell her it won't happen again. As far as coming over at that very second I don't think so. Her car isn't that important. If it is a good account and you don't want to lose it you might want to offer to pay for car wash.

After all it is only dust.

Hate to see what she would do if you hit her car with a rock..

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, - exactly.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This is one of the easier problems to handle. Just take care of the problem and then take care of preventing it from happening again. Make the customer happy and move on.

Gravely_Man