Made in the United States.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Nov 7, 2006.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I'm due for a complete new set of tools, Mower, Blower, Line trimmer, Hedger. I want to have every one of my new tools made in my Country, The United States. What do you guys think is the best Brand of what tool and how long did it last. I'm always complaining of imported people doing my work, but at the same time I'm using imported tools! Any help would be appreciated

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Even thought the mower might be made in the U.S all the parts are probably chinese lol.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you want to use equipment made in YOUR country, I suggest you take up lawn mowing in Japan or Germany somewhere.

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, probably china would be the best then..

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Yard Machines and Snapper. You could outfit yourself with those, but dont really expect to be professional or use them for more than a few months of heavy use.

Guess you are going to have to move. This is a sad fact about USA.

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Given the fact that it seems we don't manufacture anything anymore I can't believe the unemployment rate is so low. Just where does everybody work in this country. Very sad that we can't make a pair of shoes, or a shirt much less work tools and power equipment.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

dixie choppers, and hustlers are made in the usa

8. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

gravely is a good mower, at least assembled in america

9. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on how you define "Made in the USA."
    1. All parts made in USA: You'd have to break it down to the individual component level. Chances are there isn't any machine out there entirely made in the US, especially when talking engines (Generac is the only one that comes to my mind as being "Made in the USA", but even there, you'd have to ask them "where's your suppliers?").
    2. US held company: There's probably quite a few of these, but that doesn't mean their products are made here.
    3. Assembled in the US using US labor: Supports US jobs, but also strengthens foreign parent(?).

No easy answer...

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

My scags have a made in USA decal on it if that makes you feel better

made-in-the-USA-decal-100.gif