MADE IN THE USA-Fliers???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Icemanku, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of putting MADE IN THE USA on my fliers to let people know that were legal, born in the US citizens.

I could see some people taking offense to that, but on the other hand customers probably like local, English speaking people doing work on their lawn.

Good idea or not? Your thoughts?

2. You could also use the song from The Oak Ridge Boys -American Made.

Seems everything I buy these days
    Has got a foreign name
    From the kind of car I drive
    To my video game
    I got a NIKKON camera
    A Sony color Tee Vee
    But the one that I love is from the U.S.A.
    And standing next to me.

My baby is American Made
    Born and bred in the U.S.A.
    From her silky long hair to her sexy long legs
    My baby is American Made.

She looks good in her tight blue jeans
    She bought in Mexico
    And she loves wearing French perfume
    Everywhere we go
    But when it comes to the lovin' part
    One thing is true
    My baby's genuine U.S.A.

And this was made in 1983.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why not just put your picture on your handouts? That way nobody will be offended.

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Putting "MADE IN AMERICA" doesn't prove to your customers you are legal or that you will do a good job or that you are reliable. I would just put an American flag background on my logo or on my business cards/flyers.....it makes the same statement in a more suttle way, beside there are some lco owners that are born in other countries and are just as legal and reliable and do as good a job as us U.S. born lco owners......just my thoughts!!!!!

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't see anything wrong with it.
    And now that I think about it, it is pretty sad that a person would have to ask if it was OK. This is America, if someone doesn't like it.....WHO CARES!!!!!????? They can go back from where ever they came from.

6. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Grits is right,I've thought about your question for a while and have been thinking about doing something similar,American Owned And Operated,on the back of the truck,I'm going to do it,stand up for what you believe.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have a sticker on the back of my truck that says American Owned and Operated. Last time I checked this was America. Nothing wrong with being proud of it.

8. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Amen. Boggles the mind so many people are so hung up on being "politically correct" these days that we have to ask permission to support our own country.

9. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Maybe if we start saying what we feel,what we think is right other people will too.The PC'ers have no problem making their voices heard.