1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Made my decision

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sodzilla, Sep 9, 2003.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

First I would like to thank you all for helping me make my decision on what mowers to buy. I am new to the business, not actually starting til '04, and have been spending this season looking at different mowers and equipment. My biggest decision was what mowers to buy and after reading your comments I decided to go with the Hustler. Now I need help on deciding which models to go with. I used to sell real estate so I have many contacts with real estate management and development companies. Most of my accounts will be medium to large-size commercial properties. I am definitely going with a 60" super z but debating on the second mower. I'm thinking about a mini super or a walk behind, any suggestions?

thanks again
  2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

id go with 60 superz and super walkbehind. ive got the super z , but never tried the w/b. id like to demo one though.
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it all depends on the type of yards in your area. If their is some gates you may want to go with the 37" walkbehind to get it through the gates.
  4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have a Hustler Z with a 52 inch deck and I love it. It's a great machine. You might want to consider a 52 instead of the 60. The 52 gets into tighter places.