Made the Decision

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joetate, May 18, 2008.

1. joetate

joetate LawnSite Member

I finally made my decision after trying out a Cub M60 Tank and Woods FZ25D. I realize its like comparing apples and oranges, however I cannot believe how much cleaner the woods front mount cuts. Not that the Cub was bad it was just that the Woods was that much better. I was a little hesitant about this considering I haven't read much about the FZ, but the demo sold me (not to mention the 25 hp Kubota) I pick the unit up tomorrow and can't wait to post some photos.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what did that set you back?

3. joetate

joetate LawnSite Member

With the MX61 deck and power tilt, after tax it turned out to be 11,000

4. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

sould mow by itself for that kind of green

5. joetate

joetate LawnSite Member

I know, its seems like a lot of money for a mower! I wish the salesman would have never put me on it...if he hadn't I'd be picking up an M60 tank for about $7,400 tomorrow. Hopefully the wife doesn't read this!

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It's probably already too late ... LOL !!

7. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

how did you like the tank ? been thinking about a new 54 with bagger but dont think I LIKE the kohler ..and with the bag it is 9500 which is alot of mowing

8. joetate

joetate LawnSite Member

I liked the tank, it held the hills really well and I know a few people in this area that really like them. Honestly, I am too lazy to bag which is why I went for a mower that lays out the grass very nice. If I were in this to maximize profits I would have bought the tank. However, I have a couple farms to mow (relatives) as well as my own property so I went with the better cut.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Once you get it, take some shots of the cut it leaves.

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

From now on I wont own anything but a kohler. The 23hp kawasaki that we had on our M48 Tank was absolutely gutless and 23hp should be way more than enough for a 48" ZTR. I have a long list of problems we have had with kaw engines that we have never had with kohler. The biggest one was blown engines prematurely.