1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

madna matic 9000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Aug 11, 2002.

1. I finally got a chance to sharpern some blades myself with this machine an i absolutely love it .
    Gets a good angle and i love the base you sit the blade on .
    First class product
  2. Yeah that poly whatever stuff keeps your blades from sticking to the sufface of the sharpener when they heat up.

I will get one next season.

Anyone use the grit collector/vac part on theirs?
  3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

How difficult is it for someone with little sharpening experience? I've been giving alot of thought to them. I wish there that they had a demo video.
  4. Wendell

Wendell LawnSite Member

The only prior sharpening experience I had was with a hand file and I had no trouble with the Magna Matic. The front corner of the blade platform is cut off to act as a guide for the correct angle to feed the blade into the wheel. I use my left thumb to sort of hold the blade at that angle and feed with the other hand. I was surpised at how much metal needed to be removed on brand new blades to get an edge on them.
    This thing is definitely in the "glad I bought it" catagory.
  5. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have the vac collector on my Magna Matic. It works relatively well - I think that it would work better if I had a stronger vacuum. It does miss some of the heavier media. It is definately better that not having the collector - my bench grinder used to make a mess.
  6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Thanks Wendell, I'll keep that information in mind.