Magna Blade Balancer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Jul 23, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The Magna Matic booth was selling the balancers for $75 off and no shipping at the expo. I bought one and tried it out today. Man, is that thing nice. But, my old fashion way of balancing wasn't even coming close. I couldn't find 1 single blade that was remotely close to balanced.

For 100 bucks I just couldn't turn it down. Sure am glad I did. Although, it was a humbling experience.:blush:
  2. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine. I liked seeing the original one in the new equipment area of expo. I think it was from like 1950 or so and looked almost identical to todays balancers. I wish i could have got mine for $100.00:(
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You will actually FEEL the difference!
    You'll wonder how you ever did without it!

madmac likes this.
  4. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

i dont know if i did something wrong on my buddys balancer like that one but that thing spun and spun for a while
    didnt have time to wait for it to stop i went back to old method............. maybe i am just missing something there
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you need to take some time out to balance blades.

Using the balancer has made a difference. The mower runs smoother.
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, m&m.....

You obviously didn't read the directions. :eek: Not your fault, since its not your balancer.

You simply put the blade on the balancer, slide the magnet portion till it hits and centers the blade, and let go of it (DO NOT SPIN IT). It will move and the lower end (heavy) will drop. Take it off and remove more material off this end. Replace on balancer and check again.

7. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

allow me to rephrase that......i aint spinning does it on its own and i have always balanced blades ever since i can remember.......but , no i didnt spin it
  8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok then, quit blowing on it like a pinwheel.......:p
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, if its spinnin' hard, your blade is WAY, W A Y , off balance. Just letting go a balanced blade shouldn't move.