Magna Blade Sharpeners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blairbuc, May 17, 2002.

1. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

Mega=Matic rotary blade grinders. I use grinders in other applications other than lawn mower blades. In every case I have to true and sometimes dress a wheel. Magna claims there is no need to true their wheel yet they use a Norton wheel. How is this wheel made for Magna so that the need to true is not needed. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people love Magna. I just need help on this issue. The other guys all tell you to true the wheels to cut out vibration. How does Magna get away from this. The other issue I need help on is the Magne lower priced grinder . You pull the bladel across the wheel at an angle. This allows you to grind long blades without hitting the motor or support brackets. This puts a lot of capacity in a small package which a lot of people like, but would this not increase the wear on the outer edge of the wheel over the inside edge. How does the grinding wheel stand up from this without truing? If you sharpen right handed blades all day and then someone hands you a set of left, well don't you want to true off the high inside edge at this point?