magna matic order

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by selnoil, Jul 7, 2004.

1. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    I ordered a grinder, stand, and balancer on June 2nd. Their online order system said they were in stock then a week and a half later (after I e-mailed them to inquire were it was) they called and said it would be the end of the month before I got the items (grinder was back ordered). Well, e-mailed them on 6/25 (got no response as of yet), left a voice message yesterday (no response) to find out when its coming. I'm very disappointed with how they have handled the whole thing. Hope their product is really worth the cost because the service does not justify it!!
    I ordered it based on the rave reviews from you guys (knowing their product was pricey) but I must admit there service is pretty poor!!!!!! Guess I should have paid attention to your complaints, I just thought they were isolated incidents.

Anyone have a place I can try to order one other then through Magna online????????? We really need one soon.

I have not canceled my order through Magna yet.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe they're on vacation!

I know a LOT of shops and businesses that shut down for two weeks a year. Solves vacation requests and saves the company money.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The fact that they're back ordered may well mean they have a quality product in high demand...a good thing...suck it up & wait.
  4. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

The main thing I am looking for is if you guys know of any dealers other then Magna itself I can contact to try and purchase the unit sooner?

I'm a very easy going guy and would have waited all summer if I now what was going on. Dependability, commitment, excellence, quality, loyalty, and honesty are all key to a thriving business. From previous threads I think Magna has those things but they need to add communication. If you keep a customer informed when you get behind or have a delay they will not have the opertunity to get wound up. That same customer well be more loyal to you and be far less likely to tell a negitive story to a friend. If you don't believe me, try it sometime you might be surprised.
  5. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, I had the same problem getting mine. I will tell you one thing it is worth the wait. The only other place that i have seen them is on E-bay.
  6. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

Join the club! I ordered a blade balancer that was supposedly in stock, that took 4 weeks to get to me! After 3 1/2 weeks I sent them an email that was firm and to the point explaining my disappointment with their customer service - I would have liked to talk to someone in person, but nobody would return my calls. Within three days of sending an email, I had my blade balancer sent to me UPS red label. I appreciated their quick response to my email, but it was as if nothing would have gotten done, had I not sent an email - would I still be waiting for the balancer?????
  7. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mike check your PM.......
  8. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

Imagine that, after making this post my sharpener was shipped!!!
    Got an e-mail today that it was shipped the day after my post.

9. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its worth the wait isnt it. Cant get anything finer than Magnamatic
  10. selnoil

selnoil LawnSite Member

I havn't got it yet but look forward to its arrival.