Magna Matic question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, Oct 6, 2003.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Got it same time with my shipment from J thomas...1300.00 bucks sitting on my front steps:eek:
    Just one question. Do you guys using them have the grinder wheel at the lowest setting (almost touching the plastic plate you slide blade on) Or have it a little higher.
    I was having an issue getting the blade wicked sharp with out touching up the bottom lightly.( have this issue the first time I sharpend blades before, second time they always came out awsome)
    Got the balancer too. Man are my blades off.
    I will say sharpening the sets I used on the grinder before take forever, I had the worst edge on those blades. Wish I bought this grinder 15 years ago:cry:
    Bill

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Same problem here. I have messed around by raising and lowering the stone/motor and still cant get it to cut on the leading edge. I have even tilted the front of the blade up by hand slighlty as I pulled it through just to avoid having to touch up the blade with a file.
    I was thinking about turning it down into the plastic block but am not sure if that will make a difference?

Maybe someone from the factory will read this and respond?

Jimbo

3. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

try posting this in their forum and you should get a reply.