Magna-matic sharpener

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Banned

Forty dollars spent to get all of my blades sharpened is adding up quick. I am very interested in doing this myself and would like input on this praticular sharpener(Magna Matic). To the administrator selling the product, are you going to sell the balancer too, possibily as a package with the sharpener? Also where do you buy replacement grinding wheels?

2. Nick

Nick Banned

sorry I meant Magna-matic

3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

just search there web site they sell the grinder and balancer.

Also check with eric he is the man on this!

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I just IM'ed Chuck about this question. He is away from his computer right now, but I can answer the one question.

I'm sure Magna-Matic has replacement wheels, but if this grinder is like mine, it will not need a new wheel for several years. I sharpen 10 to 12 sets of blades a week with mine and in the first 14 months of owning it, the wheel wore down 1/16 of an inch. At this rate it will take 16 years to wear down 1 inch.

If you sharpen more blades than this, you can sort of figure out how long a wheel will last.

BTW, I changed the spelling in your thread so in case someone is searching for this subject, it will be found. :)

5. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

You have about ten sets of blades? How long does it take you to sharpen them?

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have 24 sets of blades of different styles. This is another reason I stick with the same size decks on all my mowers so I can use the same blades on all of them.

It takes around a minute a blade with a dedicated blade grinder. It's the only way to sharpen them for me.

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Hello,

I sell the sharpener, balancer, and replacement wheels.

Email me at support@lawnsite.com