Magna Matic..worth the money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, Sep 10, 2003.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

Well Im in store for a new blade sharpener, the brand new craftsman I bought is trashed(bench grinder) Looking at the base model 9000 sharpener. My brother In Law has been using the same one for almost 8 years now and I know they are great, Are they worth the price? 551.00 delivered to my door
    Also Is the balde balancers worth it too? 150 bucks to check blade balance seems steep. Let em know.
    Bill

2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is that I was in your shoes about 3 months ago and I broke down and ordered one and all I can say is wow, man I was way off with a grinder it really does an awesome job and quick!

3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got the 9000, the balancer and the stand. I cannot believe the difference in cut with the blades I have sharpened. I was only fooling myself thinking I was getting a good edge with a hand grinder. I should have had this outfit 5 years ago. Worth every penny.

4. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

I am considering buying one within a week, however it appears from past posts that there are lengthy delays in getting products from that company.....If I were to purchase one, how long would it take to get to my door? lawn season is in it's final leg, and I don't want to wait forever for this product.

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Post this on the Magnamatic site and they will answer all your questions

6. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I have the mag 9000, balancer and stand as well, one word awesome.

I cannot understand why LCO's spend $8000 - $10000 on a mower and then contemplate whether or not to spend the dollars on a professional grade blade sharpener and balancer, after all spinning sharp blades is the mowers primary function isn't it?

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

has anyone used the 6000 ( i think) the one for mulching blades?

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I have a 10" Bench Grinder. Cost me $60

I can do blades the end result is the same as those $600 grinders.

Balancer is well worth the money.

9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :eek: hahahahahaha :eek: haha

Joe homeowner might own a $100 MTD push mower, do you think the end result is the same as a $9000 ZTR?

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

So do I. But I don't use it to sharpen blades. Just too much skill needed. The dedicated blade sharpeners allow a dummy to do a better job than you do on the bench grinder.

Its an INVESTMENT tool that will last for a few decades. People act like these things cost an arm, a leg, and your first born.