1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

magnetic business cards

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by twindiddy, Sep 13, 2005.

1. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

I was out at Wal-Mart tonight and saw these magnets that had adhesive strips on them that you pull off, then you stick your business card on them. Have any of you guys ever used these?
  2. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Nope but it sounds like a good idea!
  3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I had 50 of those made up for me when I ordered my buss. cards. Plan was to give them out to customers in hopes that they will use them on there fridge and others might see it when over for a visit, have a few stuck on my mower to give out if I do not have any on hand, plus they can not loose my number.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I like the magnetics as well. If you by chance use your computer to print your cards, you can actually buy sheets of magnets that break apart (business card size).

I send them out in my christmas cards to my customers (some gift huh?) It never fails, that the once in a great while that I'm in a customers house, I see, there on their fridge, my card!
  5. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

I hadn't thought of that. Gonna have to try it.
  6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

If memory serves correctly a member by the name of Walker-Talker used that same method as the one you are describing for his magnetic business cards and it seems like he swore by them. If I am remembering correctly he was buying the magnetic sheets at Office Max or Office Depot.

We actually had a company do our magnetic business cards and the printing is done right on the magnets, but it's all in what you prefer and how much you want to spend.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Please make sure to keep magnets away from MAGNETIC media (hard-drives, ram discs, floppies, etc) and keep them off your computer as well.
    Magnets will wipe magnetic media out but the fridge is a good place for them.
  8. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

I love them. Buy them at Office Max/Depot in packs of 50 or 100. Just peel and stick your card on it. Chem Lawn does this. Always give out a couple extra, satisfied customers like to pass them on to family and friends.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I use them. I get the at Officemax or Staples. I trim the edges of the card just a bit whaen I put them on with sharp scissors. This really cleans them up. They work best with the shiny type of cards that are smudge resistant. Actually, in this business, paper type cards, such as linen is NOT a good choice of stock. A little smudge from our dirty hands and it stays on the card - looks dirty.
  10. RLS2005

RLS2005 LawnSite Member

Yeah, I use those all the time for my new customers, I bought mine at staples or one of those office stores. Its something I give to my customers as part of my welcome letter, after they sign on with me. I think that its easier to keep that on your fridge than trying to hold on to someone's business card in your wallet. I had a couple of my customers in the beginning of the year actually come out and thank me for them. A positive comment here and there about them, definitely in my opinion make them worth using.