Magnetic Business Cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 7mtnsod, Feb 18, 2005.

1. 7mtnsod

7mtnsod LawnSite Member

Is anyone using magnetic business cards? We were going to get some to attatch to storm doors, mailboxes, ect.

People just do not throw magnets away....I bet almost all of us have one if not more on our fridge right now. Magnets just seem not to get tossed or stuffed in a drawer.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have used the magnetic cards. The first ones I used were a print it yourself type. Pretty neat, tho the ink dosn't really bond with the material very well and I noticed they fade out after a year or so even tho they are not in the sun. I always included them with my christmas cards to my customers. Just made it easy for them to have my number on their fridge so they could call me in needed and also give my number to friends readily. The other magnet is one that is the size of a business card with adhesive on one side that you just stick your current card too. I like them better, stronger magnet, and this card I had done at a print shop and is not so "cheap" looking. Iv'e thought about using some for door to door advertising before, but they are pretty expensive if you get into buying quite a few... Plus you are going to run into more aluminium than you realize. Storm doors are usually aluminum, doors are wod and fiberglass and many mailboxex are plastic now... if people do have a metal wall hanging mailbox I think it would be a perfect place to stick one tho! I don't think there's anything illegal about that, I just know you can't put anything IN a mailbox.

3. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

We send out a new 1 to all customers with the welcome to the new season letter.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I do that every year. I found that if they have been with you for awhile....they tend to save them and give them away for references. Office Max sells the business card size magnets .....100 for $20. Just peel the sticker and apply your business card.

5. 7mtnsod

7mtnsod LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input so far. We got quoted $0.20 to have them made at a printer....about twice the price of of normal cards. The idea of putting them in your spring letter is a good one......my bet is on it getting to the fridge before the envelope gets to the trash!

6. txcamper

txcamper LawnSite Member

I bought the magnetic 2005 calendar(4X5) from vista print and have been giving them to customer I have done work for. Has my biz name and number. Kind of expensive but they love them and they last the whole year.

Robert

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi 7mtnsod,

I think they are a great idea. Let us know how they turn out for you.

8. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

Keep them off of the mailboxes. Inside or out.

9. ProSvcs

ProSvcs LawnSite Member
    from MD

The magnets that you peel and stick yourself are on ebay. I just recieved mine today. They are good quality. I paid under 300.00 for 4500 magnets.

Jim

10. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Vista Print did mine. For what I paid and how quick they showed up, I'll use them again..