Magnetic Sign Designs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Here's a couple of potential new mag sign designs. Kinda follows my postcard images. What do you think? Are they too busy? Do they show up enough?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

for truck signage, absolutely #2. i think that would look great.

the grass background on #1 makes it too difficult to read the text, especially if on the fly.

3. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

when it comes to signs simplicity is the key. They need to be professionaly done, but all you really need is your company name logo and phone number possibly website. When you advertise your services, realize most people dont catch them anyways. Signs dont get you that many calls, but it is name recognition that will get you the most calls in the longrun.

4. mtdman

Good point. So leave off the service listing then?

:D

5. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Make sure you change Areation to Aeration

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Second one. Grass in the background of first one makes it hard to read.

You may want to leave off the list of things you do and center your logo/name. I would put in a website for people to go to to see a list of services you provide.

7. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Personally yes I would take off the services. Try to think of your sign as if someone was driving by at 25 mph what would they see. I think all I would see on that sign are the first three digits of your number and Tj. Thats why general rule is to make your name three size the times of anything else on your sign. When people drive by all you want them to remember is your name and or logo. Realize that most people wont catch the number and write it down as well. They will see your name and a year later when they want something done they will look for you in the yellow pages. Again signs and advertising are all about making the public see your name repeaditively.

8. mtdman

Thanks for the heads up on that.

:D

9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

My vote is for #2 for the same grass reasons. I assume that you are getting the signs done at Vista? If not, where are you having them made?
    Thanks.
    Mark