magnetic signs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 22, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

looking for some advice & ideas on magnetic sings..... i'de like for others to show off their letter trucks w/how much they paid to have it done....

also other letter vehicles, trailer, ect...

is there a free software i can download or a site i can go to create an logo and some signs(ideas)..... i already have an company i'm going to use, but have not had a lot of ideas on the finish product.... :help:
  2. A+ Lawncare

bring to the top of the forum please.....

every1 feel free to submit pics of their mowing rigs and trucks.... also i'de really would like for the trucks to be lettered due to the fact i need ideas on advertising my truck w/signs.... :cool:
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

A+ I wouldn't waste my time with magnetic signs, My uncle made some for me last season and they came out great but the material only comes in smaller sections and therefore makes your signs very hard to read compared to larger vinal lettering. He is now making me vinal lettering for me with a new logo along with a rear lift gate sign. All is going to be larger this year, not too big but big enough so people can see ya at a distance. One thing whatever you decide make sure the phone# is very visable and name. :waving:
  4. A+ Lawncare

i was thinking magnetic b/c i thought i'de be able to easily take it off when i go to sell the truck, is this true or does it really not matter @ all?

what was some of the quotes you were given? any pics?
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi A+ Lawncare,

Have you reviewed our artist gallery? There are hundreds of free logo templates you can download for free and use.
  6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I got 4 magnetic signs on ebay. 4 for $60-
    They look great, and they guy did a great job. Just be careful on how you position them on your doors. I lost 2 in the wind a few weeks ago.

PM me if you want his contact info!
  7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Give me your email and I'll send you photos of my truck with the vinyl signs .
  8. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

It comes in 2 foot wide by 50 long roll how is it to small ?????? Most only run a 12X30 i run 2X2 with 6 inch name and number and 1 inch details.
  9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

my magnetic signs have been very effective.........have gotten many calls and jobs from them. I they are rather plain, black on white. They are 12x24....... I am now going to signs on my trailer.....and using the mag. signs when plowing......

10. afford a bill

afford a bill LawnSite Member

I used to use magnet signs, but spent more payup on them then if I had the sign shop just letter my truck. I just lettered it with a design they came up with and have already gotten customers from it. it cost me $80.00 for both doors at a local shop and looks good!

I keep the old signs that did not blow off for my other trucks I use for snow plowing.