magnetic Signs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Perfect Lawn, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

Which is better? Screen Printing? or vinyl, for mantetic signs?

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Vinyl Lettering is much better on Magnetic signs. Is has a righer Color and last longer. Screen Printing (in my opinion) shoudl be reserved for clothing.

3. Perfect Lawn

oh really, Cause I have been hearing the opposite. Any other opinions anyone?

4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a question for a sign company , don't you think??

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. my magnetic signs have vinyl and they are over two years old and still look brand new

6. Perfect Lawn

Well when you call a sign place they push what they do. Some do vinyl, some screen print. Seems they do one or the other.

7. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

There are alot of sign companies here around the Savannah area. Two of the owners (different companies) are friends of mine. Niether of them do Screen Printing on Signs and I do not know of anyone else that does either. I am not saying that it is not possible or that nooen does it. But I would think that in the Sav market, if someone offered screen printed truck (magnetic) signs, I would have seen it by now.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a set of magnets for my truck right now, because it is a personal truck/ work truck. But once a get a personal vehicle it will be getting lettered up. I know the law in Ohio is you must have commercial plates weather you have magnets/ or vinyl letter on the truck so before you do anything make sure you check out your state laws.

9. Perfect Lawn

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Vehicle-Car-M...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200066920492

This guy says vinyl is old school and cheap looking. But I dont know.

10. Perfect Lawn

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Vehicle-Car-M...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200066920492

This guy says vinyl is old school and cheap looking. But I dont know.:hammerhead: