1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Magnetic Signs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I realize I'm a bit early, but the little kid in me is excited. I've got new magnetic signs coming for my truck. I will let you guy's know what they look like, since they seem to be a good price and I recieved great, fast service. FWIW, I ordered over the internet, and the savings was awfully good compared to the local sign guys.
    For Pete's Sake
  2. DavidD

DavidD LawnSite Member
    from sc

Where did you Order them from? :blob4:
  3. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

how big are they and how much did they run ya?
  4. dr grass

dr grass Banned

i used those magnetic signs b4. i didnt like them because they cause your truck door to get scratched up. dirt gets between the magnet and the door, and look out! ! an older truck i have that i put some signs on started rusting from the magnets. id maybe check into getting some stickers. oh and watch out for them blowing off going down the expressway. sorry to pizz on your parade .... just tossing in my 2 cents ...

later .....

Shep :blob4:
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I just got me some:

truck sign.jpg
  6. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I agree wwith the rusty,scratchy point.
    since they are on the way though you might get panels on your trailer to attach them to.
    Just a thought...
  7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I used magnetic signs a couple of years ago and left them on my vehicle too long. The paint faded behind them. When we tried to buff it out, we buffed right through the paint. I ended up with a $1,500 paint job including body work. Mounting the signs on the trailer sounds like a good idea.
  8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I wax the back of the signs and where they go on my truck about once a month. No problems thusfar.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

My neighbor's signs are 4 years old. First he waxes the truck, and "by the suggestion of the sign maker", he moves the signs around the truck every few weeks. So far he has no fade problem.
  10. mikal

mikal LawnSite Member

Custom vinol letters and designs are affordable just be carefull when putting them on.