1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Magnetically backed business cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Acorn, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

Has anyone used magnetic business cards to use as flyers. Most doors around here are metal and that would make the distribution easy. Just stick it to the front door. From there, it would hopefully permanently end up on the fridge where they might see it several times a day.

Any thoughts on this
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

sorta expensive, I would think
  3. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I bought several of those last year, but didn't really use them as flyers-just gave them out here and there. I think people may be slower to throw these away because they actually have a use (like you said-on the fridge). I actually picked mine up at the checkout lane at Lowes. Their just bussiness card sized magnets with self adhesive on one side to put your card on. I don't remember the cost, but I believe they were relatively inexpensive. Now if you go buying hundreds of them it might be...

Good Luck
  4. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I think they are a great idea. It keeps your business name in their face all the time.:)
  5. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

If you goto Office Max, Office Depot or Staples; they sell printable magnetic cards. They were great!!! They are thinner than buying the magnetic cards and putting sticking your cards to them so they will fit through your printer. I found by using these magnetic cards was really handy for my customers because my number was always handy.

:blob2: :blob2:
  6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Simone, I agree, they are inexpensive to buy a pack of them. But to use as flyers, as suggested, they would be cost prohibitive. And I don't want to be an "on-call" lawn service, I'd rather schedule my customers.
  7. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

Probably right as far as cost, maybe just use for selected properties i have my eye on.
  8. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I got one of those from a real estate agent that had a local sports team's sechedule on it as well as their business card. The magenet part was the back of the card and the team schedule was hanging below. Although it looks expensive, it would get people to leave it around because of the schedule and they would need to keep the buisness card because it is the magnet part.

I thought it was a great idea, but too expensive to give out as flyers, maybe just to existing customers that you want to keep you mind to use other services or referrals.
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Acorn, for select properties that you want to target, I'd say it's a good idea.
    It would be too costly for distributing thousands of fliers though as mentioned.

I also use the ones from Office Max or Staples and stick my business card on them and give one to each of my customers.
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I make my own and then laminate them. Cost me about $1 each to make. I only give them to paying customers.