1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

magnetics or full truck decals?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lamonicaslawnservice, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Which works better as advertising and looks more proffesional?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

ummmm your kidding..............Right ?
  3. BuckeyeLandscaping

BuckeyeLandscaping LawnSite Member

Truck decals...if your budget allows get a full truck wrap.....sets your truck apart from the rest.
  4. you would be amazed at what kind of deal you can get on vinyl signage. It looks sooo much better than magnets and doesn't scratch or ruin the paint on the vehicle. granted your vehicle becomes a billboard 24/7, but if you don't mind then invest the money. also ask around town, might find someone willing to cut a deal for some work around their business or home.
  5. BuckeyeLandscaping

Either way you go it's a tax write off.
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

You should go with magnets, they look way professional.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

BuckeyeLandscaping - Love the Logo!
  8. BuckeyeLandscaping

Thanks :) Only took me about 2 hours lol. Now I just gotta design my business cards and decal layout for my van and I'll be good to go!
  9. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Yeah go with the vinyl for sure. I am doing my enclosed trailer tommorow with it. I got three sides 4ft x 4ft for only $450. It is going to look sweet. The magnets are no good because anyone could just take it off whenever they want plus you always got to make sure the door is clean where you put them on as well. Also you need to make sure the magnet doesnt bend either or else it wont stay on to well. I also heard a story of a guy on the highway with the magnet and it flew right off lol. So yeah get the vinyl, plus if you were to ever sell anything you can take vinyl off.
  10. gander54

gander54 LawnSite Member

Is it true if you put decals on your truck you have to get Business Insurance on your truck instead of the personal. If so then you might want magnets just incase you need to pull them off if someone rearends you.. That would be the only reason I would use a magnet. Plus after awhile they rust out your door