1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Magnets for your truck

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by soloscaperman, Mar 23, 2008.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Just wondering any good companies that make logo magnets for your truck. I don't want to paint my logo on my truck because it's expensive and there might be times when I may not want it on the truck ;-)

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

find a local sign shop i got mine done for like $40
  3. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

I could be wrong, but I have heard that magnets will scratch your paint due to dust and grit getting underneath of them. I know my XM antenna has scratched the crap out of my roof where it sits.
  4. Nickcon404

Nickcon404 LawnSite Member

I have bought signs from Speedy Signs in the past. Their customer service is very good as well as the product.

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is true, however with proper care and maintenance one can avoid this. The magnets should be removed and cleaned at least once a week (both sides) and make sure the truck is clean before putting the magnet back on.
  6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I bought 2 magnetic signs last year that are 12'' by 24''. It cost me about $80 total so $40 for each sign. I had them made at one of my local sign shops, they were very easy to deal with too. I had them within one week. So far no damage to my truck, but they do suggest to clean the magnet and truck about once per week.
  7. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

what if you put a saran wrap between the truck and magnet; would that work?
  8. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

never thought of that
  9. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

10. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Speedysigns.com is a good site for magnets