1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

magnets stuck on truck

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ToG, Sep 4, 2003.

1. ToG

ToG LawnSite Member

my magnetic signs are stuck to my old truck. need to move em to a new one but i cant get them of without breaking/tearing them. any suggestions?? thanks..

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Try spraying WD-40 on the top and wait a while down under the sign. Just a suggestion I use that stuff on everything

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I just went through the exact same thing. It was like they were glued on with super glue. I used "Goo Gone", and they finally loosened up.
    :(

4. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

You might try a hair dryer. If that doesn't work try ice. A change in temperature should work.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

perhaps just transfer the door to the other vehicle....actually try to WD-40

6. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

If none of the above works without doing damage, call the folks at www.magneticsigns.com and ask for assistance.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is a sign site that offered this suggestion to maintain magnetic signs.

"Your signs should be periodically removed - once a week minimum. Wipe dry both the vehicle and the back of the sign. Trapped moisture, dirt, or chemicals may harm your vehicle finish. Clean your sign with plain water and a mild detergent."

8. Colorado Mowerboy

Colorado Mowerboy LawnSite Member

Buy new ones you tight wad. You got a new truck, don't make it look cobby with old signs.