Magnum gator blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plow kid, Feb 17, 2001.

1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Hey,

I was looking thru a parts book and saw magnum gator blades, they look doubble strong except for the slit on the bottom of the blade about 1" back from the edge, where they make a relief so they can bend the wing of the blade up, it looks like the slit goes 3/4 of the way thru and i was wondering if you were to hit something would the blade shatter or the wing break off, anybody plan on using these blades??
    Thanx Nate

2. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I used the magnum gator blades last season and they were alot better than the regular gators. I did hit a few large items with no breakage with the blade(hidden rocks that I didn't see until to late). The blade stayed sharper for a longer time. The cut was almost as good as the high lifts. It chopped the clippings smallar and dispursed them better than regular gators.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Never have never tried the magnum blades but do run regular Gators. But i pefer the Atomic Mulching Blades over any. With that teflon coating they cut very smooth and stay sharper longer,plus that teflon stays on a long time. Marks Mowing Service

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Where can I find Gator Magnums for a 61" Grasshopper? (3 - 21" blades)

5. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

THe landscapers supply catalog came to day and the new magnum gator blades were in it. My dealer has a wooping "0" so I guess that I will be getting some for the catalog.

6. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly are the differences between the regular gators and the gator magnums? Please explain because I will be getting some soon and might prefer the magnums.....how much more do they cost?

7. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Guys!

I have looked at Eric's double blade site and have looked around the web for Gator Blades. I have not been overly successful in finding pricing and application information on line. Do any of you folks have the answers to the following questions?

Are there any online resources for pricing Gator Blades?

Does the company that makes Gator Blades have a web site?

Thanks in advance, Mark

8. CandJ

CandJ LawnSite Member

Mark,
    Try http://www.gatorblade.com - it may answer some of your questions. I know Landscaper Supply has them, and probably a lot of other places as well.