Mahindra tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Jul 3, 2006.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Does anyone here use them, do they hold up well and how easy are the parts to get? Im in the market for a 20-30 hp compact tractor with a FEL and a bush hog on the back.

wayne

2. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

3. jsbmaine

jsbmaine LawnSite Member

enough said

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I think the more recent models are supposed to be pretty good. I have to admit though, I wouldn't trade my New Holland for the world, but they're a bit more expensive.

Check out the Kioti's. I have heard nothing but great things about them and they're nicely priced. The U.S. headquarters is just outside of Raleigh down here so parts would be fairly close if needed. Good Luck. :)

5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Myself, im a kubota guy. Big power in a light weight machine fits our needs. If you go with kubota,deere or new holland you will have a powerful,reliable machine that will last decades with proper maintenence. If you buy a cheap tractor you may have problems attaining parts,service,etc. Kubota sells 35 thousand compact tractors in the united states each year, koiti sells about 35 hundred.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I don't have any experience with Mahindra but I know they are made in India and they are an Indian company. They seem to be getting pretty popular around here so I guess their pretty good but its pretty much you get what you pay for. If I were you I would look at Massey Ferguson. They are good tractors and cost a little less than the other big names plus you get excellent parts and service support.