Mahts '07

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Feb 15, 2007.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not make it this week. the ice storm was to powerful for me to make the trip. Did anyone take the creative steps seminar ? How was ?

Josh

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Same here, ice was unbelieveable. :hammerhead:

3. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I did get a refund on my hotel room, working on MAHTS refund now.

4. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I headed out yesterday morning around 8:00. Run into traffic all the way (accidents) I sat in traffic for almost 4 hours on 81 at mile 266 before deciding to head back home.

5. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

weather + job + truck + time = no mahts for me :(

6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like it was a great success. Fun was had by all. We had snow up here and most guys were busy plowing. We had a landscape trade show. Bad timing I guess.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I was there on Tues, Wed. Took some classes, did the Techniseal certified applicator class. It was OK. The weather in AC was actually pretty mild on Wed. Just rainy. I was supposed to go back down today, but we had a ton of cleanup to do from the storm.

Chris

8. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks that so many missed it because of the snow. Always figures you hope and wish for snow and it falls on the one week you don't want it to. I took the creative steps class today. it was OK, a lot like a step class that i took two years ago though.

9. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I thought the creative step class pretty much sucked. I would have liked for them to show about 50 pics of unique step applications to give me some inspiration, most of what they told me I already knew. One other thing: Did you see the steps where he mentioned "greenest grass ever"? I've seen multiple landscapers use that pic in an ad, and then today. Does anybody show pics in their ad of ep jobs that they haven't done?

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

So for those of us not fortunate enough to be tucked back into that corner of the frigid east, what is this show? MAHTS?