MAHTS show in AC a little dissapointing

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LVHardscape, Feb 8, 2011.

1. LVHardscape

LVHardscape LawnSite Member

I meant it's not EP Henry's classes, its mostly third party companies classes.
    Techo hasn't done this previously, at least in the US because they are out of canada.....they have recently (last 8 yrs or so) started moving into the eastern US market. they're market share keeps getting larger and larger.....they have been growing at exponential rates!

2. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

So, Techo have big show in Canada?

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Techo has an employee thats like to talk big stuff.

If it wasn't for him, they just may have 3rd party people.

Which, based on the last Techo function......may not be a bad idea...

4. LVHardscape

would you rather listen to someone who is barely interested in what their company has to offer, or somone who is very enthusiastic?! haha.

5. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I love Pete, I know he is very polarizing love him or hate him the work he does is educational.

Also I feel like he is real. Doesn't put up with **** and like everyone of us here, he thinks he knows everything!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LVHardscape

Well said! I just don't see how anyone can argue that EP is headed in the right direction! after comparing the two shows, its very evident who will be on top in the up coming years, if not already!

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

EP, Techo, and Nicolock will merge into one by 2016. Charlie's wife is going to run off with Paver Pete, and EP's wife will leave him because he became extremely grumpy and irritable because of the hurt that Techo has/is put on his business, and Nicolock will sell out because the owner is simply a scatter brain (and he'll walk away with the most money). Divorces can do funny things to a business....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. LVHardscape

nah, ep will just go back to manufacturing CMU blocks like when they started. I can't forsee techo even wanting to buy the antiquated manufacturing processes that EP uses. watching techo's plants in opperation is like nothing ever seen before in the concrete industry. nicolock wouldn't even want to buy the plants!! buy the name out just to erase it from history maybe...buy merge.....not so much.

I used to work for Fabcon inc. producing load bearing precast panels, and when we bought out our competitors, we would just strategically put the name out of opperation, lessening our competitors one at a time.

9. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

What direction are they heading? I can't tell.
    They did the big show in Atlantic City for a few years, last year they did a bunch of little shows (like Techo), and this year two medium shows.

10. LVHardscape

well they used to be "THE" way to go, then they became an option, now they are just treading water to stay afloat.

In my immediate area, there are 0 contractors that willingly use EP. if a customer specifically needs a paver from them then it'll be used, but other than that noone uses them by choice.

Why use something thats more expensive than the competition, and lesser quality?! doesn't make sense, unless you're absolutely in love with autumn blend, lol