MAHTS show in AC a little dissapointing

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LVHardscape, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

Not going to defen EP, but sound like you have bone to pick. "0" contractors is bold statement. How are you connected to Techo?

2. LVHardscape

LVHardscape LawnSite Member

I'm in no way connected to techo. I've just grown very disgruntled with EP's lack of even trying anymore, yet people still drop to their knees when EP is mentioned. I did get tangled up in their rust issue's 5-6 years ago, and while i'm sure they've since fixed the problem, they were anything but easy to deal with. Fortunately I was not self employed at that time and my employer had to eat tens of thousands of sq. ft.
    As time developed we all switched over to techo and it stuck. "we" reffering to local contractors.

3. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

That's the problem with Pete. He "cons" contractors like you into thinking he's a real contractor. He's not. He was never a contractor. It's an act, he chews tobacco, wears army boots, drives a pickup truck, curses like sailor because that is how you contractors are supposed to "act" and claims he has laid pavers in 27 countries and so many contractors fall for the act.

He's not a contractor, and never was. He's a rep. It's an acting job, and you all fall for it because he gives you free jackets.

4. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Weird.....This post was for the AC show???? not shitting all over paver Pete

5. LVHardscape

LVHardscape LawnSite Member

Hey, i saw you're from Mahanoy City, I used to be an engineer for Fabcon, we have a production plant in mahanoy city!

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

It's VERY possible that Pete may have done some contracting of small jobs when he was unemployed after Belgard fired him.

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Fools contractors like me? Wow that's a bold statement. He is a good speaker and knows the topic he is speaking about. Have you ever taken a college class? Do you really think all those teachers have practical expirience? Doe it matter? No.

I sat through a talk by two FORMER contractors at mahts and they sucked. Should I value their thoughts on paver laying more than pete because they conned mrs. Smith into signing a piece of paper?

If pete isn't qualified to teach in the industry then who is?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DVS Hardscaper

I agree.

We're in the wrong thread, though!

9. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

I agree so Ill make this my last comment. Im not questioning his knowledge, and I have seen him speak, he is a great speaker.

I just dont understand the need to embellish ones resume when frankly the truth is impressive enough. As a contractor, I find it odd.

10. DVS Hardscaper

A big part of what motivates us is ENERGY.

You go to a gym at 5:30 pm, music is cranked up and people are workin those bodies, go around the corner to the spinning class where they got the Techno music blarring and those stationary bicycles are doing 50 miles per hour. You look in and think "that looks fun, I need to get in a spinning class. It's the energy that's sparking your interest. If the music wasn't techno or wasnt even playing - you'd look in a room to only 5 people sweating to death on bicycles.

Same with seminars and speaking. If you wanna keep people's attention, you need to be energetic, dymanic. President Bill Clinton, whether you like him or not, was really good at this.

I often viewed Pete's speaking as mimmicking Charles VanderKoi, more so in the beginning times of the show cases. Whom charles vanderkoi reminds me of college professors. Charles is very good at this to an art. This is what keeps us awake and it's what has us listening and ABSORBING what he's saying. I remember one time the people in the meeting room next door had to come over and ask Charles to please not be so loud!

And......we also have this on this forum! Whether people agree with me or not.....they still click on my topics, and they click on my toipics, and they click on my topics, and they click on my topics, and they look at my user profile, and they look at my user profile. Even for my hecklers thats my energy that's drawing them. The other day someone said my topic was ridiculous, yet.........he's been participating!

See, I get bored easily, so I know about this stuff!

ENERGY!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011