Mail estimate or drop off estimate

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LawnsRUsInc., Apr 2, 2006.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Do you mail your estiamtes off to the customers or do you drop them off at the time of first going to the property? I have been getting th einfo and typing it up later that day and just mailing it off to the customer do you guys have any insight on this?

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

ALWAYS drop it off! It shows that you actually care and that you want the customers business.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Take the time and do it in person.

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always drop it off unless I try a few times when nobody is home. Then I drop it in the mail.

I tell them that this is your proposal, look it over and feel free to call me with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest and hope to conduct business with you.:)

5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our company consults with all prospective clients.Our clientele, prefers to meet and discuss their maintenance, or Landscape Renovation, or installation needs.I will not deal with potential clients who refuse to discuss business with me, in person.

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Most of the estimates I do are emailed and customers like the email feature....its very fast and effcient and stops the phone tag problem. If the estimate is complex or they have more than a simple ? or two, we then meet with them and go over it.

For people not using email, we drop it off.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I always try to meet with the potential client at the time of giving the estimate. You will find yourself closing a lot more jobs if you do. In the last 6 years, I have never mailed an estimate. If they are not home at the time, I will leave it in a bag on the door handle.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Anymaore, I can go to a property, consult with the people on exactly what it is they want or need, survey the prop., then, go to my truck, type up the proposal (template) and print it off. I bring it right back into them a few minutes later....hot off the printer. Usually, the reaction is like .."Wow!"

9. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found my closing rate on maintenance customers is close to 80% for in person estimates and 10-20% for estimates dropped off or delivered by any other means. I only provide 1 maintenance program at the moment so I just have preprinted estimate forms that list everything that will be done with a line where I write the price.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We find that if you can get them an e-mail the same day they are likely to sign up....people want replies instantly...we think. We don't go to the site we simply estimate and take our chances after asking them a couple simply questions on email.