mailbox ideas?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Amco Landscaping, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a PITA customer that wants something different around there mailbox. Doesnt want the average mulch and flowers anybody got any ideas? or pictures?

Matt

2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell her it's a freakin mailbox and stop being a PITA. (Just a thought!)

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Run the post through an old fashioned milk can, with the floral design painted on it.

4. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

get an old cast iron claw foot bath tub fill it with flowers and a manequin taking a bath.

5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a two-tear planting bed with slate stacking stone. I made it so you can plant flowers on the top tear and the lower tear. The whole thing is probably about 5'x5'.

6. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

do you have pictures of it?

7. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

well, landscaping wise, you could always make it with real jagged edges with rock (watch out kids!) or get some sort of 'shapeable' shrub and plant one to each side, and let it grow full and trim and stuff to make the mail box look like its in the middle, just hovering in some bush over whatever... great idea, i have yet to do it or seen it done, but i'm sure something, somewere has to be like... i guess think of it like one giatn boxwood (yuk!) and having a mailbox in the middle

8. DALMlawn&landscaping

from TX

oh, a flowering shurb would be even better! but you're in NY so i dont know what would working up there, just an idea

9. DALMlawn&landscaping

from TX

and i've drank alot tonight, so like hemmingway and such, sorry if i dont make sense to most, but somewhere out there someone appriciates what i say, haha

10. tnturbo

tnturbo LawnSite Member

Do you have a picture of what the mailbox and the area around it look like currently?