mailer return?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by godzilla, Nov 27, 2006.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning to send out roughly 3,000 direct mailers in March of next year to increase the number of accounts I have in certain areas. What can I expect for a return as far as lawn accounts go?
  2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I would say cross your fingers and hope for the best. It's hard to say really. Too many factors. You will get calls, which is a plus, but how many will bite? Can you sell your service? It's definitely a step in the right direction, but you won't know until you try.
  3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

With 3000 fliers you should get atleast 75-100 calls. Of that you may get about 30 new accounts. Id does depend on your pricing, location, and how you present yourself. Who did your logo. If I remember correctly you did it through an online company. It look familiar. -29 palms-
  4. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

How much is this mailing costing you?
  5. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe it will cost me about $1200 - $1500
  6. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldnt recomend mailing things out, its not as effective as flyers. You going to spend 5 times more money for 1/2 the clients. Best route is buy 5000 door hangers for 300.00 and then spend another 200.00 to have em delivered by someone lookin to make a few bucks, or if your not busy deliver em yourself.