Mailer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Green in Idaho, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Got got these today in the mail..

scan0001.jpg

2. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

part II

scan0002.jpg

3. Darwin

Darwin LawnSite Member

Green, sounds to me like these folks have their act together.

I would definately contact them in case you ever need a sub.

4. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

I contacted them to find who they were using for contractors. OF the two names they gave me I know for a fact that one does lousy work. Seen it and don't like it! I would not pursue JD Landscapes for that reason. BTW I'm not a contractor any longer- I do accounting now.

But to add to this, it is the first presence of a national landscape company in my area (300K+ people metro area). They're coming!

I think the big companies are going to be hitting the smaller markets in the West and will eventually saturate the landscape segment like they have with applications (TGCL). For example TG does applications here and has forever but they have not marketed the TruGreen LandCare (yet).

Mac, do you have a link to Lesco's forum?

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya know people are worried about JD getting into the landscape business. If you read the fine print, they say that they sell the products only and that they hire a private contractor to do the installs. Nobody seems to be worried about Lesco getting into the application business and we all know that it would be real easy for them to start. But, that goes for all companies that supply our industry.

6. Darwin

Darwin LawnSite Member

Green, I'm sorry if you took me that way I was just bein' a little sarcastic......LOL.

7. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

I just got a call from one of the contractors related to my call to the JD Office.

Note: It's been a week to get a call back.

The lady left a msg for me to call to give info so they could bid on a sprinkler system. I have a sprinkler system! I never told the JD office I need a contractor for a system or anything else.

8. Darwin

Darwin LawnSite Member

LMAO!!!!

9. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the same mailer a few weeks ago. John Deere has bought out an existing nursery here in OKC, and also sells wholesale plants.

Why don't they do the installs themselves?

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, they would be cutting their own throats seeing as how we give them business with equipment and supply purchases. I don't know about you all but I don't want them to do installs. we don't need that kind of competition.