1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mailing a Flyer???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by NNJLandman, Feb 26, 2006.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys I have a question, theres a new development in town, and I wanted to distribute flyers to these houses, but they dont have any mailboxes, so i figured I would try mailing these flyers to the houses and see what comes about....I mean they gotta get forwarded to the home owner or get to them somehow, they gotta have a way to get mail like utilities billing n stuff. Anyway my main question is, if I make up a flyer and then fold it in half, staple it, then put an address and return address on the outside along with postage....would the post office mail it....or would it havta be in an envelope?

Thanks for your help.

2. tpiper

tpiper LawnSite Member

you have the right idea except you will have to tab or tape flyer together not a staple. check with your local post office for all the regs but you should be able to get buy with what you are planning on. if you are only talking a small amount of flyers, if you get up over a hundred then i would definately contact the p.o. good luck