Mailing Address

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rookie03, Aug 5, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

What do you use for your mailing address? Do you use your home address or P.O. Box? We're wanting to switch to a P.O. Box and stop all mailing coming to the house. What are you guys doing?
  2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

P.O. Box, always has been the way. I don't want some customer driving by my house and looking for me. Work is work, and after is my own time to hide-out with family.
  3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I'll second that!
  4. vanguard

vanguard LawnSite Member

P.O.Box all the way! for $45 a year it's the only way to go :D
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I use my home address, but the P.O. box is really the way to go. The only way you should have an actual address is if you have like a shop with an office...even then, a P.O. box is not a bad idea.
  6. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I have a box at The UPS Store (formerly Mailboxes Etc). That way I can receive UPS and FedEx deliveries. They don't deliver to a USPS P.O. Box.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

The P O Box Is The Way To Go. I Used To Live In A 3rd Rate Town , And If You Put That On Your Biz Card There Is No Way Of Getting An Upscale Customer No Matter How Great Your Work Is. After A Few Years Of Wondering Why I Never Got Calls In The Nicer Areas I Got A Po Box And A Phone # Located In One Of These Wealthier Towns And After A Few Years Building The Business I Now Live There . Perception Is Everything. Lots Of People Say Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover......thats All Talk Though. Just Try Going To A Customers House In A Old Rustbucket Of A Truck With No Estimate Forms Dirty Clothes And A 2 Day Old Beard. Chance Of Getting Any Job Worth Having Is Zero.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

in 10 years I have only had 1 customer come to my house. He was late paying and felt bad. po box seems like too much hassle.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

It Wont Seem Much Of A Hassle Compared To A Check For A Few Grand Or Your Co Bank Account Info Disapearing From Your Mailbox.
  10. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

PO box for me too