1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mailing lables

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wch&g, Feb 14, 2001.

1. wch&g

wch&g LawnSite Member
    from MA

I'm thinking of buying some mailing lables. I found a company that will provide 5000 lables for $.08 / ea is that a good price or should I keep looking?

If anyone has done business with http://www.infousa.com are they a quality company?

If anyone has any recommodations of other mailing list resoures please let me know.

Thank you all

2. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

A friend of mine bought a cris-cross directory program last year for his computer, it was only good for one year though. He could print up mailing labels by street or zip code. I don't know how much it cost. Also if going with cris-cross way, don't foget about ink for printer & label blanks.
    The price you were quoted dosn't sound unresonable though. Can you get those by street or zip code, ect. I will probably be doing a mailing in last summer for snowplowing, we do mostly commercial work for summer work. For snow I think I want more residential at this point in the game.
    Hope this helps.
  3. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I have a company close to me that will do 5000 for $300. That's %.06 per.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The best thing I have found is Office Accelerator by Baseline that works with Word and other word processors and will print out all your customers addresses and your return address right on the envelope. You can catagorize each customer as a snow customer, lawn customer or both. I then just search for snow customers or lawn customers and it prints them all out and your return address too. Print out the bills and match up the bill and envelope and stuff it. http://www.baselineconnect.com/ is the url if you want to read about it.
  5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

If you are using quickbooks you can also do the same thing. You can do the search in quickbooks and then export them to word. It's a very useful tool.....
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The billing envelopes that I use have 2 clear windows in them, one for return address and one for mailing address. I also use the computer to print my address on payment envelopes.
  7. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I just finished a mailing using InfoUSA "PowerFinder 2001 Edition 1". I've found their lists to be very useful. I've got the whole country on several cd roms, but only use it for my area. I export labels to a word process program and can then save the labels I want. As returns come back I can make corections. They update lists every quarter. In summary, It's cheaper than a mailing service and if you're into do-it-yourself marketing it's a must have tool. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

[Edited by tpirobert on 02-14-2001 at 04:58 PM]
  8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I print my labels right out of quickbooks--under printer-print mailing labels and then select/deselect all the customers you wish.

9. lawnguy ny

lawnguy ny LawnSite Member

I USE CRISS CROSS DIRECTORY BY haines.you lease it for one year for 375.00it does it all.it is on a cd i print right on the post card.i would suggest taking 8.5x 11 card stock and set it up so you get 4 cards outof 1 sheet . then the cost to mail is only .20 instead of.32im doing amailing now about 2000 pieces.lawn guy co rochester ny
  10. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I find some info on that lawnguy. My friends are volunteer ambulance members, and this could help them with mailings to the community.