Mailing lists located?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tthomass, Jan 31, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Where did you get your mailing list from? I've searched yahoo and have multiple places. Wondering who you may have used or would recommend and how their pricing was? Thanks!

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

If you know the neighborhood you are looking to get into, this is totally FREE..go to mapquest and find the street names of the neighborhood. Then go to realpages.com search white pages by address. type in the street name and VIOLA!! You have the name, address and phone # of every house on that street!

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I think my mailing guy told me its almost a crap shot no matter who you go with. I'm buying 5k names in the next week most likely from infousa.com

Matt

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

what i did was went to the Tax Assessors website. and typed in the streets i wanted and got the # and names. it took a while, but it was free.http://www.visionappraisal.com/databases/
    it only covers CT,RI,MA,NH,VT, and ME.

5. Raven386

from CT

you have to sign up, but its free. just need an Email Address.

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

HELLO!! POST#2!!! ^^^^^

7. Raven386

from CT

HELLLOOO!!! just giving another option to try. ^^^^

8. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

You can also try contacting the company who publishes your telephone book in your area. They usually sell CD with all the names,addresses,and telephone numbers of all in there book. Just call them as if you were wanting to advertise in the yellow pages and ask them about a mailing list.

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

If your going to spend thousands of dolloars on a mailing, you just do not want a mailing list!!!! You want a list that is targeted with your ideal customer you are going after!

Thats why you have to buy the list. Its only a couple of hundred bucks.

Any kind of advertising you cheap out on, will end up being the most expensive advertising you ever do.

10. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

mrusk,

when you say ideal customer, what criteria would you be using. I am trying to create a list with infousa, and outside of city, income, housing price, single family homes, I'm not sure how else to narrow it. Obviously, in lawn care, single women are a great target audience, but that only returns 1000 names for me. and, i don't want to only target single women anyway (wife may not like that).

any advice?