Mailing Lists

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ztrguy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Anyone buy mailing lists? If so, where do you buy them? And do you think it's a good idea to buy them for advertising purposes?

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Bought one this year. I got mine from ilistinc.com. This is the first time I am using one, so I do not know what to expect. I hope to generate enough business from the volume postcards that I am sending to build enough business to leave my job.

3. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

What type of list did you buy? What criteria did you use for creating your list? Residential or Commercial? Price? How many lists?

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Why waste you money? Just go out and look for the commercial accounts you would like to have and send them some info on your business. Mailing lists are a big waste of money for this kind of business.

5. Total.Lawn.Care

I am trying to do that as well. I do not see how this is a waste of money, if you combine it with other advertising and target specific customer groups in areas where you want to work.

I was advised to go this route by someone that has had great sucess with it. I need to make a big impact in a very short time.

6. Total.Lawn.Care

I will PM you...........