Mailing Lists

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by thomaslawn, Mar 10, 2004.

1. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

I've been compiling a mailing list for the past month, downloading addresses from the County Auditor's office website. I target the streets I want, and then download all of the addresses from the website. This is extremely time consuming but saves money by not purchasing the lists from direct mailing companies. I'm now trying to target new home owners in these areas, does anyone know how the direct mailing companies complie their lists? Where do they obtain their information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. rivablaster701

rivablaster701 LawnSite Member

Our local paper lists all properties sold in the county It lists selling price name of byer and adress. I mail an introduction letter to each of the properties that are in my operating area and fall into a upper income price range. This list comes every sunday in my local paper

3. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

You can purchase software that compiles all the addresses for you. I purchased a Criss Cross software for my company this year. All the addresses and household incomes are part of the package. I recieve updates through out the year. It cost around $400.00 per year but the price is well worth the help that it gives me.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi thomaslawn,

It is very possible that they originally compiled their data the same way you are doing it now.

5. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

Thank you for your input everyone. After doing a little more research I found the link to the Recorders Office which provides information on new home purchases. My mailing lists are composed of the information I have taken from the Auditor's and Recorder's office. I also look in the weekly and Sunday papers. A lot of work but I should come out with quite a list! Thanks again!

don Thomas