1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mailing Magnetic Business Cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CWilliams, Aug 13, 2005.

1. CWilliams

CWilliams LawnSite Member

We want to start mailing magnetic business cards to certain households in our area. Will I have a problem with the USPS if I mail these (ie will the magnet mess with their mailing systems)?

2. Pape's Landscape

Pape's Landscape LawnSite Member

You shouldn't have a problem with that, I receive magnets from vendors in the mail all the time.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have done it too. I was also concerned about the magnet causing some kind of problem at the post office in the machines but it didn't at all. ( I assume, they all got to where they were going)
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

This may need to go to the new to business form, But here goes

Where do you guys get these mailing list?

And about how much does it cost.

And these magnates, How expensive are they...

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi CWilliams,

We get them in the mail all the time too. I think they are a great idea.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  6. thes

thes LawnSite Member

Here's a great site to make up your own mailing lists....all you need is a base address. Usually under the first address you enter, it has a button to click that says "Find Neighbors" and it lists them all.

Great source!!! :cool2:
  7. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

Have you bought/Seen these Magnetic Business Cards yet???

Are they Nice or Cheesy???

Where did you get them at???

I'm thinking about getting me some...

Also, I run a small signs business and I have a customer that wants me to get him some, I tld him I don't make them and i'd have to sub them out... He was fine with that... So any info would be great...

I've looked on the net at some, but I hate ordering something like that... I would like to see it myself before I sell it to my customer, or atleast know that others have seen, used and been happy 1st... Sorry to ramble..
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You can get a pack of 100 from Office Max for $20. You just peel the backing tape off and stick your business card to them. I only send these out people I have done business with before or to someone that I might do business with. By that I mean somebody I have given an estimate to. For bulk mailings check eBay....they have pre-printed ones and have good prices. Don't know anything about the quality though, but it's just a magnet.
  9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Depending on the type of printer that you have for your sign biz, you may be able to print and cut them yourself with readily available magenetic sheet material that comes in a variety of colors and is printable on most sign making printers. Just like truck magnets. I have a large format Roland printer/cutter at my disposal and it can handle cutting even small complex shapes on that thick material. Check your local supplier or online at places like signwarehouse for the material.
  10. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

yea, I had looked at those ones you can print on yourself and the ones you can stick a regular Business card on and to me they looked like something that someone would make at home on their HP or Cannon...

I don't want it to look like I made it at home, I want something that looks professional...

I have a large format (sorta large, 24" Roll) Lynx (not as nice as a Roland), but it only cuts vinyl, it doesn't print and its not real accuate at letter under say .5"s, maybe a tad smaller, but not much...

I tried to make a few logos for somone the other day that had letters just a bit bigger than the letters on the keyboard and it sucked... The ones that the plotter didn't butcher, I butchered in the weeding process or when removing the backing and application tape... :cry:

I am looking at a few places online, here is one http://www.greatfxbusinesscards.com/magnetic.htm

I may try them, if I do, I'll post the results in this thread....