Mailing Postcards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Husky, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Seems the cheapest statagy for marketing. Have any of you tried it? and what was your responce? Please give me any advice for mailing cheap and quickly. The amount is between 5 and 8,000 flier/postcards...give me some helpful information...thank you

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

not cheap in my neck of the woods 37 cents for a card
    i use the coupon envelopes like money mailer cost 3or4cents a house can do 20,000 for 650 ok return usually 3 new accounts
    each mail

3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

post cards do not require $0.37 postage.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

they do if you do not have a bulk mail permit and if you use someone elses permit they charge for it so u still pay.

5. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

I believe they are .24 cents here as well

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know what the rate is for mailing postcards, all i know is that back in April I had fliers that I passed around to almost 200 mailboxes (didnt know this was illegal at the time) and I got a cal back from the towm post office, the charged me 25 cents per flyer that the found in mailboxes:eek:

DONT EVER DO THAT!!!

7. DUSTYCEDAR

from PA

post card tend to get lost in my mail and never read?
    so is it worth it

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Huh?

My friend in the sprinkler business sends cards for the winterizing. I get one. No bulk nothing. Never have I seen $0.37 postage on it.

9. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be sending out 100 per week for the next 7 weeks to my targeted audience. The postage is 23 cents for one stamp. We'll see how well it works.

10. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have door-hangers printed AND delivered for about .09 apiece (they can run as high as .16 ea, incl delivery).

I concentrate on specific neighborhoods, one at a time. My return is about 2-4 customers per 1000 hangers, depending if it recently rained before they were handed out.

I do only residential. ALL of my customers are within 2 miles of my house.

Hard to beat that IMO