1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jsfrk, Jun 1, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Does anyone mail out advertisments for their business? I see people doing door hangers and ads in newspapers, but I don't find anyone doing mailings.
  2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done a couple of postcard mailings to get my business off the ground. The reason for this is my target market is only in specific neighborhoods.

Out of the 600-700 cards sent out, I've probably gotten a dozen calls. I prefer postcards instead of flyers because people in my area are generally offended by such solicitations.

The postcards are of course more expensive, but are very classy with photos, etc. To me, image is important.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

I, have done a few but the return is low so I would rather do door hangers. One new thing that is working is advertising in one of the small papers, staying a way from the big one cost to much.

Once on a yard from my adds, i like to nock on the doors that are around the house, just to see what is going on , may be pick up a new client in the process.:blob3:
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do mailings using postcards from USPS. Cheap and easy
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi jsfrk,

I think the average return we have seen, through this site, on direct mailing is around 1-2% response.
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Out of 5000 postcards, I received about .5% response rate. Most were for one time jobs, but picked up about 5 mowing accounts. The five mowing accounts will generate about 200% ROI.
  7. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

Gopher. no way is the average response rate 1-2% for direct mailing, especially for postcards. I'm sure the actual average is for like .75%.
  8. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

My response rate is about 1.3% in Atlanta, with the list (a specific demographic target).