1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MAINE Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jun 7, 2001.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Who lives in Maine? And Where
  2. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

CLC - I don't do any mowing, but I'm from Palermo. There are actually several registered on here from Maine. Used to be able to do a member search by state. I can't find that option now, though.
  3. walkbehind48

walkbehind48 LawnSite Member

I live in Winterport, Maine. Just check out this board for tips on taking care of my 2 acre home lawn.

Josh O'Donnell
  4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Lisbon Falls
  5. northeast

northeast LawnSite Member
    from maine

GreenWorx Grounds Maintenance
  6. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

I'm always curious, with the snow being down so long this year, when did you guys get going.
  7. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

i got started about a month late and 6 weeks later than last year. glad to see there are a few other way up here. im in the mid coast
  8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Just wonderin' what types of grass grow near the ocean up there? We are on the Outer Banks of NC ( barrier island about a mile wide) and cut mainly Bermuda down this way. Thanks
  9. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

We cut alot of Blue, also Rye and Fescue.By the way, did anyone else notice how rediculeous the spring clean ups have been. We have one large account that we cleaned up about 10 yards of sand off the grass ans misc, areas. The guy doing the asphalt cleaned up about 20 yards.
  10. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

One of my accounts I should of rented a street sweeper