Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice work that looks great and for 1800.......... **** thats a good price..:clapping::clapping:

You get in to a lot of hardscaping?

2. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

Hi all
    What insurances company do you all use.I got a quote the other day for 1010.00
    Any advice all??

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

jonesy, we don't do a lot of hardscaping - there is not a huge demand for it around here and there are several other companies around here that are much more equipped and experienced in that area. I'm friends with the owners so I'm happy to refer work to them since they don't compete hard with me for my services.....you know? Pretty cool around here for the most part - just a couple low ballers.

jsecape - what coverage? just liability and how much limit? any marine rider for your equipment etc? and is that for the year or 6 months or what? I'm not exactly sure what I pay since it's all grouped together and I have several other endorsements for snowplowing and pesticides etc. But that sounds maybe a LITTLE high for just liability if limits are 1mil/2mil but not far off. The biggest thing is your agent - get a GOOD agent who will look out for your best interest and help you out!! Makes all the difference in the world - you need to make him comfortable covering you and he will make sure you are taken care of in case anything happens. My agent has gone to bat for me several times - good guy.

4. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

Who is he or she??Out of where??

5. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i use allstate 1200.00 a year

6. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Checking in. What crazy weather!!!! How's business and is very body going
    To hit their goals? Looks like I may miss one of mine. Looking to team up
    With a builder or lawn company to do a hole package.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DiSantolandscaping

DiSantolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

im looking for advice or just answers i got a company that is giving me leads but i dont know what to bid on for landscaping, and what to leave for the site work guys. I got a big job right now to bid on for husson univeristy through a gc. Theres like 450 plants trees and shrubs, two patios with 18 in of aggregate an 1 in of sand. plus a section of river rock by the building.

8. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

Hello
    How about a small Lawn care in Auburn...

9. we dig it

we dig it LawnSite Member

Ya ya i know its too early... but it is almost time for snow! So how does everyone do and charge for clearing? I did well plowing last year but seems like i made no money in the snow blowing side and lots of people wanting it done this year but how to charge and give estimates? Esp. in this economy?

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I did as well snowblowing as I did plowing. I only do large accounts or else it's not worth loading and unloading the snowblower - like a school contract etc. I will be getting a pto driven one for the front of a small tractor for most of the larger accounts this season and then use the walk behind for any small walkways after the storms are over. For most small walkways I just jump out and shovel real quick - I go to the gym often in the winter and actually can shovel walks very fast by the end of the season. I get a min of $70/hr with the walk behind. You have to market it and do a very good job - not sure what I will charge for the small tractor - have to see how long it takes compared to the walk behind.