Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, I'm not sure about other parts of the state, but the economy doesn't seem to be slowing down the maintenance side of business at ALL. (Knock on wood). If anything I think people are hiring us more because it's cheaper to pay us a set amount instead of buying a big mower and then a plowtruck in the winter etc and doing it themselves.

2. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

you are on this. same down here.i know i last one plow account this year. she sold the house. had a meeting with the new home owner.he was not happy with 40.00 plowing. the driveway is all up hill.

3. we dig it

we dig it LawnSite Member

I have a account where there are some mulched beds that are 1 to 2 feet apart. What is the best way to cut the grass through this area so as to not get clippings in the beds? Thanks

4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

how your year going? how about using push mower with bagger. i hate using push mower but that is only way i can think of.

5. McFarland_Lawn_Care

yup, gotta wheel out the push mower bagger or trim it if you are good at it and can put the clippings exactly where you want ;-) It's been a good season, but I'm definitely ready for the last round of mowings soon - don't know about you guys but it gets old this time of year. So glad I don't live down south and have to do it year around - about ready to relax and go do some hunting!

6. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

I'm agreeing with the mowings getting old at this point. Ready for some leaf cleanups and then onto plowing and snowmobiling..

7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

For sure!! I'm in the market for a different plow truck.....maybe one ton dump. Let me know if you guys see any good deals. I'm not particular but need at least 3/4 ton.

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

We should do a Maine "lawnsite guys" snowmobile ride sometime this winter! =D Could be fun

9. jsecape

jsecape LawnSite Member
    from ME

good deal at rowe ford in auburn

10. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I'll never be ready for the snow.
    Posted via Mobile Device