Maine

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jonesy5149, Feb 19, 2011.

1. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

2. jonesy5149

from Maine

3. jonesy5149

from Maine

How is the year starting out for every body.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Winter season was terrible but starting to get excited for the coming summer season! What new changes or goals are you guys setting up? I want to get a good solid system set up for running day to day operations to help me focus more on selling and the business side of things and less micro managing. Shooting for 20% growth and hope to buy little or no new equipment. Set a good base, save up some bank, build the weed/fert customer base more.

5. jonesy5149

from Maine

McFarland how was the turf test
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jonesy5149

from Maine

Any body looking for a hydro seeder. Turbo turf 550
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

Turf test was fine - I had to re-take one of them, they WERE fairly challenging and difficult - you definitely had to study pretty seriously. Glad to have the first part behind me - now gotta keep up on continuing education credits. I have a class in Brewer next week I believe.

8. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to get the spring clean ups going full speed. this weather has been nuts, but i hope it all works out in spring and summer

9. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    Male, from maine

yes, this is great early weather, i'm planning to make my rounds next week and if all goes well start up thursday or april 2. it's time. dig419

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

At this rate of warming up, there is no way we will get through all the cleanups before mowing starts. Weeds and ticks are everywhere already! :-o Even spot sprayed a few weeds today. Oh well. Better early than late I suppose. Cheers to a good season everyone - let's try to stay in touch on this Maine thread throughout the season!